Diseases of cats :
Cats are one of the pets that many individuals like to have, due to their playful nature, and they are also considered intelligent animals that do their daily chores on their own, but at the same time they are exposed to many diseases that affect them and sometimes cause death, including fungus, anorexia, flu, constipation, epilepsy, tooth loss, and others, and anorexia is one of the common diseases among cats.
Causes of anorexia in cats :
- Repeating the same food for a long time, as cats get bored and tired of eating the same food.
- Infection of cats with some diseases such as intestinal worms, pancreatitis, and others.
- Infection of cats with diseases of the teeth and gums. Cats can swallow hair while cleaning their body, and therefore cannot eat.
- There is a change in the cat’s eating regime, for example, changing the dish in which food is placed, or changing the House.
- Force cats to eat foods that they do not like.
- Getting older, elderly cats have less desire to eat.
- Lack of smell in cats.
- Jealousy of another cat, or of the presence of another animal in the House.
The most important foods to offer cats :
Vegetables: vegetables contain fiber and carbohydrates that are important for the health of cats, and they can be served mashed or boiled, and the most important vegetables to be served are broccoli, dice, carrots, and peas.
Cheeses: cheeses contain proteins that are important for the health of cats, and can be served almost daily, noting that it is not preferable to offer cheeses to small cats, because their body cannot accept lactose, and therefore they develop intestinal confusion and diarrhea.
Fish: fish contains nutrients that are important for the health of cats, and can be served once a month.
Eggs: eggs contain proteins that are important for the health of cats, and can be served boiled or scrambled.
Meat: meat contains various nutrients, and it can be served cooked or boiled, but it is not preferable to serve it permanently, because it can cause diarrhea.
Dietary recipes to open the appetite of cats :
Vegetable soup: put a quarter cup of each of rice, carrots, broccoli, rice and two glasses of boiling water in a saucepan on the fire, leave it to boil, then remove the mixture from the heat, pour it into an electric blender, and mix well, then serve the mixture to the cat.
Pasta with chicken: mix a glass of boiled pasta, two tablespoons of corn oil, a quarter cup of boiled and mashed carrots, and two pieces of finely chopped chicken in a bowl, then serve the mixture to the cat.
Chicken soup: mix three cups of chicken stock, four tablespoons of flour, a glass of mashed carrots, and three-quarters of a cup of minced meat in a bowl, then offer the mixture to the cat twice a day.
Bread with milk: put a quarter cup of each chicken stock, and low-fat milk in a bowl, then add two pieces of finely chopped bread, mix the ingredients, then enter the mixture into the microwave for a minute or until it warms up a little.